Even the sparrow finds a nest in which she puts her young, near to your altars, Lord Mighty God!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Shenandoah fairies

Hello, no this is not a fairy. (whew, thank goodness!)

Actually, this fellow greeted us on the trail marker as we began our little hike this warm and sunny afternoon in October. Furthermore, he was still there when we returned. Here's what commenced in between, fairy wise.
The foliage was just beginning to turn color, with poison ivy far outshining any other deciduous plant in the park. I know this is not poison ivy, but it is pretty, too.
Don't these hikers look pleased? They are enroute to building fairy abodes in the wilderness.
Daddy found this amazing shelf fungus, which Peter described as being soft as a kitten. It is!
The fairy architects at work.
this little cottage has definite appeal, close to commuter routes, well ventilated, backing up to woods, no basement, new roof, comes furnished. Peter also got into the spirit and he and Dad built a little abode near Jeanne's.
Later we all posed for a picture using the camera's timer (or a fairy perhaps?)....everyone smile!


Finally, Daddy found this chestnut shell and several others. What an interesting seed. So over prickly on the outside and velvet on the inside. How many people are just the same? Balance, always balance!!!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness...I miss you (and the USA sooooooo much!!!) I was just thinking about fall in the Shenandoahs the other day...bleh, I'm homesick for sure!