Remember the song, "I've Got You Under My Skin"?
with lyrics:
I've got you under my skin.
I've got you deep in the heart of me.
So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me.
I've got you under my skin.
I've got you deep in the heart of me.
So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me.
I've got you under my skin.
Scientists have discovered children's cells living in their mother's brains.
How amazing is this?
And how amazing is God to make this possible?
I recently read an article from Scientific American on this subject,
which added a deeper facet to the mystery:
"In addition to exchange between mother and fetus, there may be exchange of cells between twins in utero, and there is also the possibility that cells from an older sibling residing in the mother may find their way back across the placenta to a younger sibling during the latter’s gestation. Women may have microchimeric cells both from their mother as well as from their own pregnancies, and there is even evidence for competition between cells from grandmother and infant within the mother."
you can read the article here.
"The highest knowledge is to know that we are surrounded by mystery."
Albert Schweitzer

No comments:
Post a Comment