Even the sparrow finds a nest in which she puts her young, near to your altars, Lord Mighty God!

Monday, May 29, 2017

in review


This is an interesting book for the most part--

full of several stories about octopuses with interesting personalities.


(one point made is that since octopus is a greek word,
and "i" is a plural ending for a latin word,
the plural of octopus is octopuses)


What a glorious creature the octopus is!  Immensely strong, venomous,  colorblind, yet able to camouflage itself (possibly because it's skin can see color?), inquisitive, playful, intelligent, houdini for escape, and on and on!



May God be praised! 
How did He ever dream up such a marvel?









Spotted at Nonie's store
...how appropriate this is for our house!










curtains on the gazebo







curtains and hardware from ikea...the curtains needed to be shortened 
and 6 panels were sewn together...
the yards and yards lengthwise and widthwise were a armful to wrestle with.







Ken saying hello!


I am excited for the littles to see it--
i think they will think it is a lot of fun!  its quite cozy when the curtains are closed

(i have to admit that it was a lovely spot for a short nap this afternoon,
while reading about octopuses)










the view yesterday from a scenic overlook at shenandoah national park





Hope you had a blessed weekend!


1 comment:

Mormor said...

I love what you've done to that gazebo! What a great usable space it is now, and I think it would be magical for your Littles! I'm looking forward to reading that book about octopi – I mean octopuses of course :-) amazingly, your view of the scenic overlook in Shenandoah looks exactly how the grand Tetons looked at us when we visited :-)