Even the sparrow finds a nest in which she puts her young, near to your altars, Lord Mighty God!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

This and that...



Thanks to Father Larry's recommendation, Ken and I have been reading aloud in the evenings.

We have read:

 "The Creed in Slow Motion", by Father Ronald Knox.  An excellent overview of our Faith with interesting and often funny illustrations. We read this during advent.

"The Bones of St. Peter", John Walsh Almost could be called an adventure story as it followed and unpuzzled the excavations under St. Peter's.

"The Sun Danced at Fatima", Fr. Joseph Pelletier very apropos for the 100th anniversary ---so far, so good!

We tried, and failed, to get into  "James Madison" by McCullough, but after nearly passing out several evenings in a row, we realized this was not the book for us.  He loves the big picture---with as much detail crammed into every nook and cranny as possible.




Did you know The New Yorker has a cartoon caption contest?



This has been a fun (not always very funny) activity, but always fun!






Speaking of cartoons, this one says a lot about our need for conversion:




Peter got his wisdom teeth pulled.  He was feeling good, very good, on the way home and snapped this drooly selfie:


My apologies to the 3 people kind enough to read this blog.



Then there is knitting....


I had reached the bottom edge of kateri's pullover and unexpectedly it is curling up like curling up is its job....I can only describe my feelings like this:  😡😣😩😫😖😱😥😭🔫.  

Knitting backwards for 3 inches try again.  My next hobby should be something enjoyable like transcribing prayers on a grain of rice.




2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hahaha!! Transcribing prayers on a grain of rice!!! I am stifling laughter as kateri is napping and both big kids are shockingly asleep at the same time (not sure which is the greater miracle!) So funny!! And frustrating. Honestly I don't know how you stand knitting! Anyway, interesting insight on books to read (and to avoid!). Thank you!

Mormor said...

Awesome post Mary! So many books/cartoons to consider, funny selfie of post op Peter, and final laugh about transcribing prayer on a grain of rice! I am so sorry about the knitting challenges, I agree with Teresa--i'm amazed that you like it as much as you do! Hopefully the sweater edge will lay down flat from now on!