Even the sparrow finds a nest in which she puts her young, near to your altars, Lord Mighty God!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Camping neighbors

Westmoreland State park... June 10 and 11.

We had a most interesting neighbor:


With vintage suitcases, wash board, pitcher and basin and all!   And that was on the outside.

I was so curious, I regretted not bringing binoculars on the trip. 

When she brought out her chihuahua, I realized the time had come to introduce myself. :)

Peggy was very friendly, and in short order she and another glamor camping neighbor, Mary Sue, were in our camper sitting around the table.  Peggy had purchased her little camper 15 years ago, and although she and her husband have a 5th wheel camper, she enjoys camping in her little trailer, too.  Mary Sue's trailer was not so dolled up, she has been 'glamping' only a couple years.  They encouraged us to come over to Peggy's for a slide show after we had our dinner.


So, as evening fell and the number of mosquitoes rose, Ken and I found ourselves looking at family vacation pictures from the 50's and 60's of people none of us knew, since Peggy had obtained the slides off of eBay.

Pictures of cement dinosaurs


And their nests



Croquet wielding teenagers and their unsuspecting aunts



And of course, campers, cars and a few weddings thrown in for good luck.

After the show, Ken got a tour of Peggy's camper:


The dining room



The bedroom 


To hold dish towels






A fun time!

I found the pattern for the cross stitch Peggy had on the wall:



So of course, I'm hoping to stitch one up for our camper, too.









No comments: