Even the sparrow finds a nest in which she puts her young, near to your altars, Lord Mighty God!

Sunday, May 03, 2015


Heard this poem yesterday---and wanted to share it!

We are having an amazing time here in Chincoteague, thanks be to God!  We have had adventures with snakes, porta-potties and birds.

Shall I start with the porta pottie? Why not?

Well, you see the door wouldn't open, and I was in it on the beach at chincoteague.  The van was just outside the door, with all the windows open so the rest of the family was privy (no pun intended) to the rattle        ....RATTLE!       ...rattle rattle rattle rattle rattle RATTLE!  ------BANG! as I literally flew out after throwing my entire weight against the door, which suddenly gave way.   Oh my goodness! I am still laughing!  And so is everyone else!


The birds...well one little killdeer whose nest we flushed and Ken discovered in the grass.

you will see the exquisite coloring of her egg, and her lovely sense of home decoration, as dear and sweet as it could be.




The snake --- well john saw it beside the pond, a black racer, easily 4 feet long. The snake was sunning himself near some rocks that had been piled near a large culvert drainage pipe which ran under the road connecting the two large ponds.

  Well John jumped out of the van.

Quietly approached the snake. 

Lunged, and missed the snake as it slithered into the water.

He made another attack and the snake escaped into the pipe.

John ran across the road and laid down over the culvert...and, soon, yes, the snake (softly laughing to itself) emerged, when John (softly laughing to himself) snatched the reptile.


No bites thank goodness!





2 comments:

Mormor said...

Awesome stories and pictures!! Really enjoyed all of them, especially how you described John and the snake :D

Teresa said...

Haha! The porter potty story is hilarious!! I am so glad you made it out- talk about the stuff of nightmares ;-) and I love the story of the snake! Leave it to Johnny. I can't wait to see more pics!