Even the sparrow finds a nest in which she puts her young, near to your altars, Lord Mighty God!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Westmoreland

Yesterday John, Jeanne, Peter, Ken and I headed down to Westmoreland for an outing. 

it was high tide, but there was still lots to see.


 bird prints in the sand--aren't they sweet?

 quiet time on the beach for Jeanne
could these prints belong to a racoon?

wintery scene

I meant to ask the ranger what these channels were used for.

An old house on the property

Ken spotted these lovely swans on the way home, and drove
on a little field road to get a better look.

we spooked them, but what a beautiful sight to see these
huge birds in flight.

Jeanne discovered a new way to hunt for shark's teeth.  In her coat, hat and boots, she stretched out on the sand and proceded to find 184 of the smallest shark teeth imaginable!  I guess they came from a prehistoric microdon shark.  :)
It was a lovely day with temperatures in the mid 40's, and we are so thankful to God for a great visit.

No comments: